Hello.

In the thread[1] from which the below quote is extracted:
> Would you be willing to provide a PR that deprecates the relevant APIs and
> points to their equivalent in RNG? It will be more cruft we can trim for
> 4.0, whenever that happens.
Gary mentions that copy/paste is a "coding horror".  My understanding
is that he advises dropping functionality available from "Commons RNG"
(or a trivial use of it).
Case in point is a bug recently reported.[2]

The change amounts to removing "RandomUtils"[3] and moving all
functionality from "RandomStringUtils"[4] (and removing it too) over
to "Commons Text" that already defines several similar (perhaps all?)
utilities[5] using a more robust approach.

Is everyone on the same page?

[1] https://markmail.org/message/s2o3c57537id37jt
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1592
[3]