Hello.

Le mer. 14 oct. 2020 à 21:41, John Patrick <nhoj.patr...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> before i waste time looking at upgrading tests...
>
> any objections if i upgrade tests to use assertAll and assertThrows
> introduced in JUnit jupiter?
>
> I see it as less tech debt removal and I'm happy to spend time doing
> the upgrade which I've done from maybe several projects now. Just
> don't want to get to raising PR and them being rejected, which I feel
> happens with everything I try to help out with related to commons
> projects at the moment...

I did notice that (or forgot it).  Could you please remind of what you've
proposed?

AFAICT, the main contributors to
  Commons Math
  Commons Numbers
  Commons Statistics
  Commons Geometry
  Commons RNG
are glad to keep in line with the evolution of the best Java practices.
Except for [RNG], which requires Java 1.6, all the above components
are at Java 8.

If you are into improving our testing suites, please note that help
would be welcome in ironing out issues in Commons Math, where
sometimes (but too often) the use of "randomly" generated data
with a *fixed seed* hides the fact that the test actually fails for most
input (i.e. data generated from another seed).

Thanks,