Devil's advocate thought: given that Commons, while not officially limited
to such, has heretofore concentrated on the Java ecosystem; as the core JDK
evolves, matures and provides more and more functionality out of the box,
possibly Commons components would have to increase in complexity to be able
to provide anything worthwhile.

Matt