From: Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2022 3:51:30 PM
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Re: [jxpath] reported CVE and path forward

Hi Matt,

I am also subscribed to oss-fuzz for Imaging.

Looks like someone added jxpath to oss-fuzz here:
https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/pull/7582

The initial oss-fuzz for ASF was, if I recall correctly, all put under a
single project:
https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/tree/master/projects/apache-commons

If you go one level higher in that repository link, you will see there are
now other projects in oss-fuzz for other Commons components.

The apache-commons project (that contains Imaging, Compress, and Geometry)
had a custom policy, agreed in the mailing list and later with someone that
maintained oss-fuzz, where ASF issues were not disclosed in 90 days, but
instead gave us more time to align the issues with our ASF process.

I am not sure if these other projects follow similar policy, nor if the ASF
developers are aware of the integration (I only keep an eye on
compress/imaging/geometry notifications from the apache-commons project).
Also not sure whether it's better to have everything in a single project in
oss-fuzz or in separate projects. I'm happy with Imaging being a single
oss-fuzz project if needed, but I prefer to keep the policy of giving a
longer time to review the issues. I try to review important issues quickly,
but the ones that I know are very low priority or won't be fixed (e.g. OOM)
I leave for later.

Cheers
Bruno