The intended audience is the devs on this maillist. It is like market
research to get the pulse of the community on these ideas to see if there
is at least one that I could apply for in the incubator.

No, i am not working on all of these. I just presented ideas so that I get
some feedback. Maybe some people will say: "yes, an open source java-based
eCommerce platform will be in demand", you know? Same with the other emails
about math functions. Maybe some people from math or non-math commons
libraries may point out that they would need some of those functions.

Lastly, are there any math libraries that do symbolic math using functional
interfaces? For example can I use commons math to give it a function that
represents x^2, differentiate it and as a result get another function that
represents 2x? I am talking about symbolic math that Wolfram Mathematica
does.

Thank you for the time you spent on going through the emails. I did some
pull requests implementing some things and they kept being rejected. So, (i
think it was you that suggested it) to ask the community which math
functions they would like to see implemented