Hi,

I've created an interface for _list functions based on the _view code.
Please have a look, the code is at GitHub [0].

In case you don't want to clone it with git, you can also download the
share/wwww folder and unpack it over your current source. Click on the
download button at the top [1].

The reason why I post it at the dev list and not on the users one is
that it is not well tested, it's just a first rough cut.

What are the next steps? Is such an interface desired? Please don't tell
me "Create an JIRA issue and attach a patch". I'm pretty sure this patch
won't be applied as-is anyway.

Cheers,
  Volker

[0] http://github.com/vmx/couchdb/tree/futon-list