On 4/08/2009 7:44 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman<dirk...@ochtman.nl>  wrote:
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 20:27, Jan Lehnardt<j...@apache.org>  wrote:
I remember stumbling over this at least twice in the (distant) past. I
prefer the forced PUT, but then I'm also the one to argue intuitive APIs.
Considering no downsides (usually Damien adds or leaves out features for a
reason), I don't see anything wrong with Brian's proposal.

I also agree with Brian's proposal. I think per the spec the server
can still use a resource component the client proposed in a POST, it's
just not obliged to do so.

Agree. +1 on respecting _id and _rev on docs POSTed to /db/

Another +1 here too - that has bitten me before...

Cheers,

Mark