Benoit,

Imagine you have a view of posts keyed by [user_name,date] but you
want to query a nice URL using just the user_name.

For example:

{
  Rest of design doc...

  "rewrite": [
    {
      "from": ":user_name/recent_posts",
      "to": "_view/recent_posts",
      "method": "GET",
      "query": {
        "descending": true,
        "limit": 20,
        "startkey": [":user_name",{}],
        "endkey": [":user_name"]
      }
    }
  ]
}

Do you think something like this could work? It would help me keep the
logic of how to query this view out of the client code.

Cheers,

Zach