On Jun 17, 2012, at 12:47 , Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2012, at 12:12 , Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> Same repo, some news:
>>
>> - updated NOTICE
>> - added minimal css styling to make it not look ass
>> - made make distcheck pass* (wooo!)
>> - linked the per-chapter build in Futon instead of the full-page.**
>>
>> As far as I can see, this is good to go into master.
>
> Well, one more thing™: I need to hook this up to `make install`.
> I'll try and do this right away.

I got this half done, but I think I will need from you guys.

The latest version is still on https://github.com/janl/couchdb/tree/docs

If you do

    $ export COUCHDB_DOC_JAR_DIR=/path/to/doc/jars
    $ make
    $ cd share/docs
    $ make
    $ cd ../..
    $ make install

The docs get installed properly and the hook up with Futon works just fine.

Obviously, we want `make` in `share/doc` to run as part of the top level
make, but I don't know how to hook this up.

I tried porting all `Makefiles` in `share/doc` to `Makefile.am` like we do
elsewhere, but then the docs build system gets confused with paths, I don't
think this is going to work without porting the whole docs build system to
the way CouchDB uses make. An easier way for now would be to treat the docs
build system as a black box that gets started with `make` in share/docs.
`make install` for docs is handled in `share/Makefile.am`.

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers
Jan