I think the multiple language thing is a slippery slope. By extension, we
should ship client libraries too then. No way.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> > Not sure we should ship more than one "reference implementation."
> >

> My thinking was that a reference implementation in python might be
> different to one in java, erlang or javascript. By "a bunch" I meant "one
> per language". If you want to provide this as a base to build third party
> apps from then native support in multiple languages seems like a reasonable
> requirement.
>
> That then opens up the "driver" discussion...
> > And just to be clear, I think the primary goal of this effort, if
> somebody
> > undertakes it, is to provide a tool that can bootstrap Futon during the
> > install process. A secondary goal should be that we can talk about the
> tool
> > in the docs, and give people a taste for CouchApps. And the best way to
> do
> > that, IMO, is to provide a tool that is simple and focused enough to
> upload
> > a dir into a design document. (Unless Futon needs anything more than
> that?
> > My CouchApp experience is... Spotty. I have built a few, but I am no
> > expert.)
> >

> One issue there is are we defining a directory structure. Are saying that
> directory structure X is a couchapp but directory structure Y isn't?
> Cheers
> Simon

I guess we could define a schema.

This dir for map functions, this dir for reduce functions, this dir for
HTML, or whatever.

The goal is to bootstrap Futon, and to provide a simple tool to demo in our
docs.

--
NS