Hi, David. Yes, you make very good points. I even think you (and Benoit)
may be ultimately correct

I dispute that Node.js is V8. Node is not V8. Node.js is a direct link to
God. When I pray to God in the JavaScript language, God moves electrons
around inside my computer. He writes files to my disk, and He sends packets
out my Ethernet cable.

A thought experiment: Find some computer power users or sysadmins. Break
them into two groups, with one task each:

1. "Install Node.js on your computer, by any means"
2. "Install V8 on your computer, by any means"

Which group would self-report more success? Which group would register more
frustration?

That is the sort of question I hope to answer (or at least supply some
data). With any luck I can falsify my theory and theology.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM, david martin <david.mar...@lymegreen.co.uk

--
Iris Couch