Is there a clear statement on if we should expect the futon tests to pass
under OSX using the precompiled binaries?

I'm intending to to try the OSX binaries when I have a moment, but it feels
like there's some mixed messaging about if we should expect the tests to
work (Jan's mail just says to use the verify install link, but Noah's says
we should be reporting test failures).  Would the tests work if I compiled
from source?

I humbly suggest that having a well-defined list of caveats and exceptions
associated with a release candidate would be helpful.

Eli