" merge of bigcouch should be done on lazy consensus, it should be a full vote."

The merge of bigcouch in my [VOTE] thread is to get the work out of
github and onto a branch in our couchdb repository for further work.
Had I been asking to merge directly to master, or to release it, then
I absolutely agree that lazy consensus is not appropriate.

I don't expect anyone to veto the bringing in of this work into a
non-release branch inside the ASF official repository and 3 days seems
long enough for folks to object to that very modest step. Getting that
work into our repo is the first step of releasing a clustered couchdb,
not the last step (and not by a long way).

I agree that 72 hours is not always enough, and that lazy consensus is
not always the right thing as long as we can agree that obstructionism
can also be a problem.

As for the notion that we can ignore vetos (-1's) in lazy consensus,
all I can say is that it's news to me, but happy to corrected on that.

B.