It would be helpful for me (and perhaps others, I think) if more
examples/details were given about the intended audience and use.

The emphasis on screenshots makes me suspect that "design" means
"UI/CHI/visual design" rather than "software architecture," but it's
still not clear exactly what would be considered on-topic for the
proposed space (Fauxton? Couchapps? Anything with a CouchDB backend?).

To my old-fashioned MVC brain, the model is separated from the view by
the controller, which means that the choice of backing store doesn't
impact the UI much. What criteria could I use to know if my project is
on topic?

I'm mostly interested because I'd like to know if I should lurk there
too or not.  :)

Thanks,
Eli