From: Fernand Vanrie [mailto:s...@pmgroup.be]
Sent: Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2009 09:40
To: dev@dba.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [dba-dev] How can I store the default values and column
descriptions in odb file?

hallo Michael ,
In the past i did some test  with a odb file connected to a MS SQL
server over ODBC. When I changed column widths and then saved the ODB
file, and after reopening the formating is remembered.
BUT it is still a mistery for me where this info is stored :-)

Fernand

Hi Ocke,

still couldn´t find the solution to get the column default values
and
column descriptions working.

We have two default values
1. "DefaultValue" and
2. "ControlDefault"

The 2nd is stored inside the odb file db:default-value. The 1st is
stored inside the database. The problem now was to get the default
value
from the database when moving to the insert row. This wasn't
possible,
here ControlDefault was invited. So when you use the table designer
create a table you always insert the ControlDefault. To change for
example the wizard you have to set the DefaultValue at the column
descriptor. The source code for the table designer can be found in
dbaccess/source/ui/tabledesign

I would like to store default values and the column descriptions in
the odb
files as we do not fully support them in the database. Is it right
that base
can do this for us or must the driver implement the functionality to
store
the values in the odb files? I have neither an idea how to tell base
to do
this for me nor how to do it my self in the driver :(

At the moment the default values and the column descriptions can be
set,
but they are lost as soon as you close the connection. This is
because
the corresponding properties of the drivers column objects are set
correctly,
but there is no code in the driver to save/restore them to/from the
odb.
Best regards,
Micha