Short answer is : no.

To ellaborate a little bit more, MINA by itself is just a network framework. You can add a filter which will be able to decode incoming bytes, whichever encoding has been use, assuming that the filter has some knowledge about the encoding. Supose you send BER encoded messages, then with a correct filter, you may be able to decode those messages - this is what we do with Ldap messages -. But :
- MINA won't be aware of that at all
- you must have described the full BER decoder in the filter
- and this BER decoder must be able to produce valuable data

BER is just a way to encode elements, but does not give you any information about the semantic. The semantic is carried by the ASN.1 description and by the implementation you will provide. Generic BER codec can just produce a kind of Abstract Syntax Tree.

Emmanuel