Thanks Endi,

I'll try this now. And thanks for the hint. I'll keep that in mind.

But the schema-archetype is also working now. I got a little stunned
because Emmanuel used exactly the same setup as I did. The only
difference was, that I was using the newly released Java 6 RC1. After
changing the JAVA_HOME variable to the Ubuntu package (which is Java
1.5.0_08 if I'm not mistaken) everything worked just fine.
But I am curious what the problem might be. If I find something out I'll
let you know.

Thanks for the quick responses,
Patrick