Here is the current 2.0-RC1 status.

Since the last report, we have fixed 8 bugs. This was a slow week, because the world cup eats on our time off, and also because the trunk was broken for 4 days, and we had to repare it.

Here are the fixed bugs.

*** Bug B DIRSERVER-1518 Moving an entry which is a referral does not work *** Bug M DIRSERVER-1198 Requests of usercertificate;binary are not supported
*** Bug  M DIRSERVER-1211    Error code 54 in modify-replace operation
*** Bug M DIRSERVER-1285 Quotes in DN are not handled correctly during normalization [was: Quotes in DN on simple binds causes referral error] *** Bug M DIRSERVER-1330 Using a filter with present match with unknown attribute type causes error (error code 16)
*** Bug  m DIRSERVER-1312    Log4j with DEBUG
*** Bug m DIRSERVER-1461 SaslGssapiBindITest.testSaslGssapiBind() test method fails when /etc/hosts file contains values referring to 127.0.0.1 *** Bug m DIRSERVER-1467 No permission to read all documentation about ACL

Here are the remaining issues :

Note :
------
B : Blocking
C : Critical
M : Major
m : Minor
t : Trivial

Bug : bug
Impv : improvement
Feat : new feature
Task : task
Test : test
Wish : wish

+++ Work in progress
??? Issue to be evaluated
>>> ACI issue

11 DIR (9T, 2W)
---------------
Task M DIR-248     Where to deploy generated documentation?
Task M DIR-254 Add a chapter in the doco to explain how to enable a schema
Task M DIR-257     Architectural overview
Task M DIR-258     Give the user directions about which version to use
Task M DIR-259 Setting admin password docs out of sync (need current docs?) Task M DIR-260 Update documentation for Spring configuration (Basic User Guide) Task M DIR-261 Why does download directory include the path element 'unstable' ?
Task m DIR-218     Reduce number of confluence spaces
Task m DIR-245     Create a page about using ADS with AcegiSecurity
Wish m DIR-120     Matrix comparison against other LDAP servers
Wish M DIR-255     Daily build download     Alex Karasulu

2 DIRSHARED (0.9.20)
--------------------
Bug  M DIRSHARED-53 Review RequestID processing
DIRSHARED-53 is pending, waiting for clarification.

5 DIRSHARED (1.0.0-RC1)
-----------------------
Impv M DIRSHARED-11    Relax the ACI grammar parser     Unassigned
Impv M DIRSHARED-35 LdifEntry should expose methods to manipulate attributes.
Impv m DIRSHARED-37    Reconsider interfaces and base classes for Registries
Task C DIRSHARED-5     Add the missing javadocs
Task C DIRSHARED-50    Rename DN methods to reflect the Client API decisions

We have to finish 40, 5 and 50, so we can move those issues back to 0.9.20.

11, 35 and 37 could wait.

10 DIRAPI (0.2.0)
-----------------
Bug C DIRAPI-7 Low performance on search operation compared to JNDI (around 5 times slower) Bug M DIRAPI-13 Recursively drilling into the directory structure causes java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Impv M DIRAPI-8      Make client-api schema aware
Impv M DIRAPI-15     The lookup() method should return an Entry
Feat M DIRAPI-2      Add generic support for Extended operations
Feat M DIRAPI-11     Implement the StartTLS operation
Feat C DIRAPI-12     Add the LDAPS connection
Feat M DIRAPI-14     Add an exists(DN) method
Task C DIRAPI-18     Check LdaConnection methods' parameters

DIRAPI-7 should be fixed. DIRAPI-13 has to be evaluated, not sure it's really a problem.
Generally speaking, LDAP API is orthogonal with ADS 2.0

DIRSERVER
=========
We have a total of 43 bugs on a total of 140 issues.

36 Bugs (4C 30M 2m 1t):
--------------------------
Bug C DIRSERVER-955 FilterMatch permissions are not being handled in Access Control decisions Bug C DIRSERVER-1252 Server tools dump command broken due to use of old paths
+++ Bug  C DIRSERVER-1402    Many Comparators are missing
Bug  C DIRSERVER-1458    Cursor API generic usage is totally wrong
Bug M DIRSERVER-803 Creating an alias from a child entry to the ancestor causes an error (return code 36) Bug M DIRSERVER-824 Collective attributes are not evaluated in search operations when they are used in filter expressions
Bug  M DIRSERVER-922     Data is "lost" after adding Index to config file
>>> Bug M DIRSERVER-999 rangeOfValues protedtedItem should not be applicable in Entry scope >>> Bug M DIRSERVER-1000 The filter of the rangeOfValues protectedItem should be evaluated on only the single attribute, not the whole entry
>>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1169    Access control don't apply to the rootDSE
Bug M DIRSERVER-1172 Sasl PLAIN mechanism should only be enabled/offered after TLS layer is establish +++ Bug M DIRSERVER-1223 @Ignore annotation on both core and server integ causes tests to stop Bug M DIRSERVER-1240 After binding using NTLM, cannot query if AllowAnonymousAccess is off
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1281    StreamCorruptedException after brutal shutdown
+++ Bug  M DIRSERVER-1319    Cannot save String values larger than 64 Kb
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1349    Alias not working with scope ONELEVEL_SCOPE
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1354    System files partition corruption
Bug M DIRSERVER-1355 Alias dereferncing with subtree search isn't working correctly
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1357    NullPointerException when deleting alias
Bug M DIRSERVER-1373 Update of server certificate in uid=admin,ou=system only takes effect after restart Bug M DIRSERVER-1390 Attribute caching issues - warning and error messages thrown on startup Bug M DIRSERVER-1394 Modifying subschema subentry doesn't work in some case >>> Bug M DIRSERVER-1419 Can inject accessControlSubentries when creating a new entry Bug M DIRSERVER-1420 Cannot start the server : reuseAddress can't be set while the acceptor is bound at shutdown Bug M DIRSERVER-1440 Using leading and/or trailing blanks in RDN attribute leads to erroneous behaviour. Bug M DIRSERVER-1457 Binary Attribute Type causes java.lang.StackOverflowError Bug M DIRSERVER-1469 When a bind is pending, no other operation should be allowed Bug M DIRSERVER-1490 Not 100% sure, but the DN caches we have in the server might not be updated when doing a Move
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1491    Improve schema extractor
Bug M DIRSERVER-1498 Reverting modification on referrals are not handling correctly if the ManageDSAIT control is set ??? Bug M DIRSERVER-1500 Error searching children of known element. May be cause by the deletion of an entry with children
>>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1501    Access Control can't retain after restart.
Bug M DIRSERVER-1516 Classes implementing compareTo should also implement equals (and thus hashCode) Bug m DIRSERVER-1209 Some SP tests are not working anymore because of JNDI removal
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1325    Simple Authentication can not be disabled
>>> Bug t DIRSERVER-257 [Access Control] Autonomous areas for AC must not overlap

32 Improvements (1C 19M 11m 1t)
------------------------------
Impv C DIRSERVER-1378 Remove the Singleton from the DirectoryService, as it defeats the possibility to have more than one instance of this class Impv M DIRSERVER-874 Entries should be normalized in the NormalizationService
Impv M DIRSERVER-997     Block search ability for userPassword attribute
Impv M DIRSERVER-1081 Injecting more information in the opContext structure >>> Impv M DIRSERVER-1160 provide more details when throwing "AccessControlException: access denied" Impv M DIRSERVER-1164 SSL Cert Compatibility issue with LDAPS for Outlook Clients Impv M DIRSERVER-1178 Add parent entry and id of primary entry in operation context Impv M DIRSERVER-1225 Add a Entry factory and pass it as an argument to the LdifEntry constructor
Impv M DIRSERVER-1248    rc.d init script to default to "default" instance
Impv M DIRSERVER-1282    Unit testing documentation is out of date
Impv M DIRSERVER-1321 Clarify relationship between partition.syncOnWrite and apacheDS.syncPeriodMillis configuration attributes
Impv M DIRSERVER-1322    Auto inferring context entry
Impv M DIRSERVER-1323 Command line tools for creating, deleting and managing instances Impv M DIRSERVER-1339 When doing a base scope search is a lookup triggered Impv M DIRSERVER-1382 Change the Cursor semantic for the next() and previous() methods
Impv M DIRSERVER-1447    loadAllEnabled() method is taking way too long
Impv M DIRSERVER-1489    Provide access to remote connection info
Impv M DIRSERVER-1511 Some operations are present in the Partition interface when they should not
Impv M DIRSERVER-1513    Implement our version of NamingEnumeration
Impv M DIRSERVER-1514    Create our version of ExtendedRequest
Impv m DIRSERVER-289 Configure an optional password message digest algorithm which is applied on userPassword attribute values at add and modify operations.
Impv m DIRSERVER-477     Alias deferencing interceptor
>>> Impv m DIRSERVER-876 Add a new 'supportedExtension' or 'supportedFeatures' value in RootDSE for ACI Item Impv m DIRSERVER-953 Provide registration scope support for Subtree (besides current Base support) in ModifyDN.Export/Import Triggers
Impv m DIRSERVER-1236    Store an AttributeEntry object in filter's node
Impv m DIRSERVER-1294    Add size() and hasNext() methods to cursors
Impv m DIRSERVER-1299 Add causes when rethrowing caught exceptions (e.g. in org.apache.directory.server.integ.state.NonExistentState) Impv m DIRSERVER-1310 Improve the way we handle controls encoding/decoding
Impv m DIRSERVER-1359    Embedding guide problems
Impv m DIRSERVER-1460    Add locale to configuration
Impv m DIRSERVER-1520    Minor bug in setup: JRE instead of JDK
Impv t DIRSERVER-1346 Use ServiceLifecycleListener to avoid having System.out messages for service start/stop events.

43 New Features (1C 34M 8m):
----------------------------
Feat C DIRSERVER-1436    Provide a tool to restore a crashed database
Feat M DIRSERVER-434     Add Support for Paged Search Results Control
Feat M DIRSERVER-440     Integrate clients into ApacheDS tools
Feat M DIRSERVER-443 JNDI Event delivery should be asynchronous in a separate thread Feat M DIRSERVER-641 provide a security context to org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AbstractAuthenticator.authenticate()
Feat M DIRSERVER-678     Add support for extended operations to the Core
Feat M DIRSERVER-760     reading .schema files at server start-up
Feat M DIRSERVER-866 Initialization with another backend than JDBM for the system partition Feat M DIRSERVER-887 provide remote access info (memnonic name and ip) to complement audit trail info Feat M DIRSERVER-910 Provide getEffectiveRights like capability within Access Control subsystem
Feat M DIRSERVER-937     Add HTTP service for ApacheDS
Feat M DIRSERVER-992 Define new schema objects for Stored Procedure handling Feat M DIRSERVER-1030 Add CascadeControl and add functionality to cascade modify and delete effects
+++ Feat M DIRSERVER-1185    Add support for Password Policy
Feat M DIRSERVER-1186    Trace control and request level logging
Feat M DIRSERVER-1203    RFC2307bis Support is missing
Feat M DIRSERVER-1217 Binds with referrals can be used for delegated authentication
Feat M DIRSERVER-1220    Implement the EXTERNAL SASL mechanism
Feat M DIRSERVER-1221 Suport the proxy auhtorization in SASL implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1222    Add our own NTLM protocol implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1259 Make the userPassword not searchable from the outside
Feat M DIRSERVER-1261    Add some CL tools to rebuild indices
Feat M DIRSERVER-1263    Add authz schema
Feat M DIRSERVER-1264    Add extended operations to reverting
Feat M DIRSERVER-1265    Add support for VLV control
Feat M DIRSERVER-1291    Support of Proxied Authorization Control (RFC 4370)
Feat M DIRSERVER-1331 Ldif object should be able to return a List of EntryAttributes
Feat M DIRSERVER-1345    Oracle partition implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1388    Add the DeleteTree control
Feat M DIRSERVER-1422    Delegation of Authentication
Feat M DIRSERVER-1427 Errors should contain the associated SchemaObject when modifying the schema
Feat M DIRSERVER-1453    Map SASL principals to DNs for ACI validation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1477    Add an extended operation to re-index an attribute
Feat M DIRSERVER-1479 The cursor implementation does not have a hasNext() method Feat M DIRSERVER-1508 Add an extended operation to perform operations on config schema dynamically
Feat m DIRSERVER-264     Add Support for Sort Control
Feat m DIRSERVER-275 Add Support for LDAP Password Modify Extended Operation
Feat m DIRSERVER-441     Add Support for Language Tags and Ranges
Feat m DIRSERVER-939     Implement RFC 4529
Feat m DIRSERVER-954 Provide pluggable implementation support for Trigger execution order
Feat m DIRSERVER-949     Add support for LDAP URLs in context searches
Feat m DIRSERVER-1004 Support REAL syntax and matchingRules without precision loss
Feat m DIRSERVER-1246    Add shell scripts and batch files for clients

15 Tasks (1B 2C 10M 2m):
------------------------
Task B DIRSERVER-1512    Major cleaning in startup logs needed
Task C DIRSERVER-1233    Add some unit tests for the CoreSession class
Task C DIRSERVER-1482 Many methods' signature just declare a throws Exception : this is not enough
Task M DIRSERVER-550     Clear numerous documentation TODOs
Task M DIRSERVER-710     Exception tree should be reviewed
Task M DIRSERVER-1057    Misplaced StoreProcedure packages
Task M DIRSERVER-1193 Cleanup Index access methods after making Partitions hold configuration info in bigbang
Task M DIRSERVER-1244    Code review + cleaning
Task M DIRSERVER-1245    Source audit
Task M DIRSERVER-1398    Add tests for modify Operation
Task M DIRSERVER-1403    Implement the missing normalizers
Task M DIRSERVER-1452    Fix all the @Ignored test classes and methods
Task M DIRSERVER-1481    core-integ IntegrationUtils is using JNDI
Task m DIRSERVER-1056    Cleaning the warnings
Task m DIRSERVER-1358    Adding a FAQ

3 Tests (1C 3M):
Test C DIRSERVER-1433    Add tests for every methods in SchemaManager
Test M DIRSERVER-1069    Outdated doc for unittesting version 1.5.1
+++ Test M DIRSERVER-1429 Implement tests for Syntax additions inSchemaManager

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com