On 26/01/10 11:15 , Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Fullquote, for the cc

Hi Mike, Harold, *,

What do you think about adding the ipv6 tracker?

What I'm proposing is adding an IPv6-only tracker as a second primary group,
much like the third example in the BEP. Something like this:

[['http://borft.student.utwente.nl:6969/announce',
  'http://core-tracker.enlist-a-distro.net:9800/announce',
  'http://core-tracker.depthstrike.com:9800/announce',
  'http://clients-tracker.enlist-a-distro.net:9800/announce',
  'http://clients-tracker.depthstrike.com:9800/announce',
  'http://www.ooodev.org:6969/announce'],
  ['http://ipv6onlytracker:6969/announce']]

Regarding seeding, I am in control of at least three systems in different
networks that could seed IPv6 with native 100++ Mbps. And I know of at least
five more ISP networking people with the same or better capabilities that
could do the same within hours if possible (we IPv6-freaks are a big family
and we want to see traffic :-) ). Regarding the v6-tracker, the one I
already run (see my initial bugreport) is there and will not go away, so
feel free to use it if you like, either with my public DNS name or with an
alias in any domain you wish.

What do you think about it?

Sound like a good idea to me. ipv6 is obviously the future, and we want to be able to reach as many potential users as possible. I am not an ipv6 expert, by to my knowledge, the Twente University also has ipv6 capabilities, so my server which is an ipv4 seed could possibly also seed on the ipv6 network with a little effort :)

Mike