Sender not subscribed to this mailing list. Please put in CC in any reply.

I am trying to answer the technical one.

> 2. We also have other OS i.e. Linux Red Hat, but application will be deployed
on AIX 5.3. I expect there is OpenOffice installable available for Linux-RedHat.

OpenOffice.org for Linux is also available at
http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/stable/3.3.0/

> So is there a way where Application deployed on AIX can connect remotely to
OpenOffice service installed on Linux OS on other machine?

I think so. OpenOffice.org can be remotely controlled via either TCP/IP
connection, UNIX socket or pipe offering several programing languages such as
Java, Python, C++.

Additionally, if you are running OpenOffice.org on Windows, you can use Visual
Basic, VBScript, and so on to control OpenOffice.org. It is similar to COM aka
.NET.

> If yes, can you please share a sample Code snippet that connects open-office
remotely on other machine?

http://api.openoffice.org/
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide
http://www.oooforum.org/

Best regards,
Tora

On 2011/06/01 21:25, Marcus Lange wrote:
Hi Shrikant,

Can you please help me on following queries?

1. We chosen this product for our project and went ahead with development on
windows. This is crucial for us as our development is complete now.
Is there any alternate available for us to move ahead with open-office?

2. We also have other OS i.e. Linux Red Hat, but application will be deployed
on AIX 5.3. I expect there is OpenOffice installable available for Linux-RedHat.

yes, on "http://download.openoffice.org/other.html"; you can download release
builds that are based on RPM.

So is there a way where Application deployed on AIX can connect remotely to
OpenOffice service installed on Linux OS on other machine?

If yes, can you please share a sample Code snippet that connects open-office
remotely on other machine?

I'm sure that this should be possible but I'm not a developer and cannot answer
this question.

3. Can you please confirm, When can we expect porting for AIX will be
completed? I mean, When release for AIX will be available.

It will be great Help if you can reply soon, as it is critical for us.

Simply when someone has done this port. ;-) Currently there is nothing going on
on this topic, so it's totally open.

HTH

Best regards

Marcus