Jean

There are a number of graphics and text mismatches, unless I've got
the meanings of dialog and dialogue confused.  I always thought
"dialogue" was the UK version of dialog.

On the following pages either the text says "dialog" and the graphic
says "dialogue" or, certainly on one, I've changed dialog to dialogue
as in the style guide it says to replicate the screen options, but I'd
advise that something be standardised or else a kindly reminder goes
out to keep dialog/dialogue spelt in a certain way, because it could
be confusing to someone who has English as a second language or
doesn't have very good English.

I've marked the pages with the Need Help marker and given a brief
description in the marker to save time.  I've also listed the pages
below:

The first Graphic has had the text changed to replicate what the image says.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Open_and_Save_As_dialogs

In the first graphic "dialogue" mentioned and if you scroll down to
General Options, that graphic also has "dialogue" in it.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Choosing_options_for_all_of_OOo

With the next graphic, I don't have a graphics package, just a screen
capture tool, so I couldn't add the numbers.  Can anyone help please?

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Parts_of_a_dialog

I need help with the templates because I couldn't get the template
message to come up when you edit a template.  So the accuracy needs
checking and I've flagged it as I couldn't check whether the macro was
still relevant.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Editing_a_template

I found that a large amount of my time was spent putting in links and
amending references to the Guides - real pain.

I've just been working through the Getting Started Wiki Guide and
tonight I've got as far as the Getting Started with Impress and will
start that tomorrow as I'm too tired now.

I'm on a course from Monday to Thursday so if no-one else can do the
rest of the Getting Started wiki I'll pick it up again on Friday.

Claire

--
Best wishes

Claire Wood