On 10/06/2010 04:59 PM, Joe Smith wrote:
On 10/06/2010 02:43 PM, mcasan...@instituto-hispano.org wrote:
The only thing missing is a reference to loading the collection of data to play with in chapter 10, which Drew and Joe had proposed. I would like to
know if the set offered by Joe is available or if Drew would want to
create one. A humorous tone is not only fine with me but also encouraged,
Joe; but a random set would be as useful. To do this I would like to
upload the set so that I can provide the exact URL in the text of the
tutorial.

My sample set is still available here:
http://www.martnet.com/~jes/temp/MLTut2a.odb

But that's just a temporary location. The release file should be available from some public repository--alongside the text would make it simple for people to find, I expect.

If you want the data in some other form, just let me know. Drew mentioned a plain ascii "SCRIPT" dump. Such a file is trivial to prepare from the .odb, but I'd be happy to convert to whatever format is best.

If a different set would be better, that's cool by me--whatever supports the text best.

I don't claim any rights to the data--I'm not sure it's even possible to claim any legal rights for randomly-generated data like this.

<Joe

Hi Mariano, Joe,

Grabbed the odb file, will check against the schema again in the latest files Mariano uploaded and setup the text files for the data load.

I suppose the wiki is as good a place as any for that when I'm done. Should give the permanent link needed.

So, something, sometime tomorrow and I'll send email when done - OK.

Drew