On 9/24/2011 00:16, Chita Yslas wrote:
Hello,
My name is Chita Yslas and I have been a software engineer for over 20
years now.  I enjoy what I do but after 20 years I am exploring a shift
in my career to include technical writing and am looking for ways to get
additional experience.

One of my strongest skills is English/writing, and I believe that I am
better at the written word than the spoken word.  Given my technical
background, I am also adept at combining my writing and computer skills
to put together easy-to-understand directions and documents.  In the
course of my job as a software engineer I have had
numerous opportunities to create or assist with user or technical
documentation.  Also as the editor of a monthly church newsletter for
4-5 years I helped overhaul it from MS Word to MS Publisher format,
greatly facilitating the monthly production of the newsletter.  I
consider it an enjoyable challenge to not only format documents in
eye-catching, yet easy-to-scan ways that lure people to read what I
wrote but to also read it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I think technical writing may be right up my alley!  Do you have
anything I might work on for you?   If so, I would be happy to give it a
shot and you can see what you think of my work.

Have a great day and thanks for any assistance!
Chita Yslas

Hi, Chita,

Thank you for your interest in helping with user documentation for
OpenOffice.org.

Please see this page for more information, particularly the section
about mailing lists.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Introducing_OOoAuthors

--
/tj/