On 10/17/2011 07:51, David Paenson wrote:
Dear colleagues,

I have been writing and updating a User Guide for the Students an our
university over the past three and half years and have now translated it
into English.

The English version is available at:

http://www.fb4.fh-frankfurt.de/tips/openoffice/dokumentation/ooo_for_students.pdf

The original document is also online:

http://www.fb4.fh-frankfurt.de/tips/openoffice/dokumentation/ooo_for_students.odt

I have been giving introductory courses in OpenOffice to all new
students of our department for Social Work at the University of Applied
Sciences in Frankfurt/Germany now for the past seven semesters - around
240 students per semester, divided into 12 groups. I only have 3 hours
per group, so I have to limit myself to the absolute essentials (styles,
table of contents, cross-references, page numbering etc.), but
especially those essentials students really need in their daily work. As
you can imagine, students of Social Work are not especially versed in
computers and it's all pretty new to them, especially in such a
condensed form. This introductory course addresses their needs as
closely as possible.

I think the course is now ripe enough to be distributed to a broader public.

I very much hope you find the time to have a look at it and to post the
course on the English speaking website of OpenOffice.org.

My next project is to translate it into French (just happen to have been
brought up in a bilingual family, no merit of mine).

Yours
David Paenson

Hi, David,

Thank you for your generous offer; it certainly sounds very useful.

Unfortunately, it is "moving day" (well, months and months) at OO.o, while we build our new home at Apache. We are currently an "Incubator podling" at the Apache Software Foundation.

I will take the liberty of forwarding yours and Jean's correspondence to ooo-...@incubator.apache.org, the ML where most of our business is currently done. When we get the revised web site up (Real Soon Now), we should be glad to post your links.
--
/tj/
Moderator, dev-doc