On 26/10/2007, Karl Pauls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is up to Stuart. As far as I can see we are still in a bit of
> unstable state but I looks like we should be ready soonish.

yes - before we can do a new release, we'll need to stage and release the
following:

        org.osgi.service.obr               # new artifact containing the OBR
API
        maven-obr-plugin                  # used to install local OBR
metadata

I'm also waiting for the following Maven shared components to be released:

      <groupId>org.apache.maven.shared</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-dependency-tree</artifactId>
      <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

      <groupId>org.apache.maven.shared</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-osgi</artifactId>
      <version>0.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

we could do a release without these, but it would mean backing out a couple
of fixes
supplied by Carlos which are needed by Maven projects using the "bundleall"
goal, so
as things stand I'd prefer to let things stabilize for the moment...

for those people who don't like using the apache snapshots repository (as it
also has
snapshots of Maven itself, etc.) you could use the OPS4J snapshot
repository, where
I keep a copy of the latest bundle snapshot:

  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>ops4j-snapshots</id>
      <url>http://repository.ops4j.org/mvn-snapshots</url>