On Feb 8, 2008 6:20 AM, Jeff McAffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We've been suffering from this "framework tainting" for quite sometime
> now. Equinox ships many bundles/services that work on other frameworks
> (as well as ones that work without OSGi at all!).  The Equinox community
> (well at least me) would like to participate in figuring out a way to
> depict or communicate the state or expectations of bundles.
>
> In my ideal world this information would be somehow included in or
> associated with the bundles so that website tables could be
> autogenerated and provisioning systems could filter accordingly.  I can
> see a lot of issues in setting this up but also feel it is worthwhile to
> do and to do in sort of common approach so the OSGi community gets a
> consistent picture.

Thats sounds like a very interesting idea. There is some data
available already in the manifest of a bundle but adding a pointer to
a standard documentation extension would be nice. Maybe we could make
it something that could point to something inside the bundle or to a
remote location (that way a bundle could come with or without it). It
sounds like this could be potentially something that could be combined
with OBR as well, no?

regards,

Karl

--