Hi,

The Maven team have a new release process that uses Nexus for staging:

   http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

this seems to remove a lot of the manual work we do when releasing Felix
artifacts, the other benefit is that when they enable P2 / OBR support for
the "Apache bundle repository" we would automatically become part of it.

AFAIK we only need to change our distribution URLs to point to the Nexus
instance to get the benefit of staged releases, and make a minor change
to our release docs to remove the "altDeploymentRepository" settings

A number of other Apache projects have already moved over:

   https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4KNL-243
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRSITE-11

WDYT - perhaps the Service Mix team can comment on using Nexus?
If there's general consensus I'll write up the changes and start a vote.

--
Cheers, Stuart