Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >I find this very alarming. Some people at Infrastructure are
> >trying to get a cross-project environment established for managing
> >documentation tools and site-building. All PMCs were asked to
> >join and discuss this. Some people have, but mainly the process
> >has stalled again.
>
> Because it's discussion instead of DIY.

Necessary discussion. The main issue was/is trying to solve how
ASF projects can conduct oversight of the content, how the tools
would get maintained, and oversight of the publishing process.
That is a requirement.

> >Instead we see projects like Cocoon rushing off to do their
> >own thing. Now we will get duplicate instances of Daisy/Forrest.
>
> I find it very constructive that people are rushing to make it work.
> Consolidation can come later.

Good in theory. In my OSS experience "consolidation" never happens.
People rush on to the next new thing.

> Would it be better just to see this as an experiment, and not (yet)
> really move the docs there till we have a vote with a working system and
> a plan?

Perhaps we should start with a specific set of user-oriented
documents, and leave the core docs in the current system.

--David