On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 16:51 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> There are two skins of uncertain status: leather-dev and corium.

> Are they part of the Views now and we don't need them any more?
>
> They are not listed when we do 'forrest available-skins'.

Actually leather-dev is the default skin for views. Trying to say that
views interact with this skin to produce the xhtml. Right now the views
are "just" exchanging the last step of the skining process
(site2html.xsl).

Views still depend on the leather-dev skin to produce the presentation
model. We cannot delete leather-dev but I will clean it up a bit. ;-) As
soon as more devs/committer start with views I hope we can come back to
this topic.

The question that needs to be resolved is how to provide a similar
processing like the "old fashion" skins.
-tab2menu.xsl
-book2menu.xsl
-document2html.xsl

An idea of mine would be to base it on the common skin or start the work
on the businessHelper plugin that should be do this processing and
deliver the presentation model (pm).

I would like to see the default skin that we will deliver with views
with the name "corium" because it will be that what I thought corium
would be. A skin that can be altered to e.g. a CSS-Zen garden skin
within minutes.

> If they are not needed, then can we remove them, as i reckon
> they will confuse new users. Alternatively we could put a
> README.txt in that directory and hope that people read it.

I understand that can confuse the user, we should make a README stating
that corium and leather-dev are only connected to the development for
views.

Where leather-dev will be the producing factory for the pm of views and
corium the default skin based on views (the minimalistic skin from
Diwaker Gupta, should be renamed to corium).

WDYT?

salu2
--
thorsten