Hello all,

after nobody could help me with my question, this small log of how I
actually merged the view plugins to the loactionmap branch may be from
use for you in the future.

First of all read
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s03.html#svn-ch-4-sect-3.2
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s04.html

I found out with help of above pages that the starting version of the
locationmap branch was 179780.

1) I changed to the viewHelper.xhtml dir and did a --dry-run. This will
only preview the changes but not apply them (note the '.' on the
end!!!):
17:39:28
[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>~/apache/forrest-locationmap/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
 $ svn merge --dry-run -r 179780:head
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
 .

That gave a *long* list like:
U  status.xml
U  output.xmap
A  messages
Skipped missing target: 'messages/ContractsMessages_de.xml'
Skipped missing target: 'messages/ContractsMessages_us.xml'
Skipped missing target: 'messages/ContractsMessages_es.xml'
D  resources/skin/css/default.css
A  resources/skin/css/default.css

2) I ignored now that I had some missing target and re-run the command
from step 1 without the --dry-run flag set.
17:39:28
[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>~/apache/forrest-locationmap/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
 $ svn merge -r 179780:head
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
 .
U  status.xml
U  output.xmap
A  messages
A  messages/ContractsMessages_de.xml
A  messages/ContractsMessages_us.xml
A  messages/ContractsMessages_es.xml
D  resources/skin/css/default.css

Like you see the "Skipped missing target" have been automatically
added. :)

3) I changed to the view plugin and repeated step 1&2:
17:54:36
[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>~/apache/forrest-locationmap/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
 $ svn merge --dry-run -r 179780:head
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
 .

4) svn merge -r 179780:head
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
 .

5) The last step was to copy the new plugin that I created in the
meantime in the trunk as well to the branch:
18:00:10
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>~/apache/forrest-locationmap/whiteboard/plugins $ svn
cp
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls
 .

6) Now I did a last control:
18:01:09
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>~/apache/forrest-locationmap/whiteboard/plugins $ svn
st
A  +   org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls
M      org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/status.xml
M      org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/output.xmap
A  +   org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/messages

7) Finally I committed this changes to the locationmap-branch. The only
important thing is now to remember the revision number 190293. :)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>~/apache/forrest-locationmap/whiteboard/plugins $ svnc
-m "merged changes on the view package from the TRUNK to the locationmap
branch."

HTH
--
thorsten