David Crossley wrote:
> I revised the list, taking the replies into account
> and adding some new queries.
>
>>- agree the subset of XHTML2 to be used
>>and document that via example.
>
> See other thread.
>
>>- create DTD's
>
> Why do we need DTDs for use with internal structure?

For using XHTML2 as an input format. In fact it will be a modularization
of XHTML2 via RelaxNG validation.

>>- Decide how to make the pipeline process.
>>Now we have body-*.html and stuff, but a simpler process
>>should be devised.
>>
>>- Convert all sitemaps and transformers to utilise
>>that new process.
>>
>>- add a sitemap that processes *.xhtml2 files in a
>>parallel section
>
> Does this refer to XHTML2 as input source files?

It refers to all processing.

> What processing is needed?

That's what has to be decided ;-)

Whoever does it gets to try a simpler pipeline (without the body,
header, etc doc matches, but just a single transformation).

>>- convert all forrest:contracts to accept XHTML2
>>as input rather than XDoc while keeping the old
>>ones in the meantime
>>
>>- convert forrest:views to work with XHTML2
>>and make them work in the extra pipeline.
>>Here we should be able to accept XHTML2 input
>>and produce the usual output.
>>
>>For legacy:
>>
>>- xdoc to XHTML2 stylesheet and create XDoc input plugin
>>
>>- document migration process

            - verba volant, scripta manent -