On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 07:33:47PM -0700, Brian M Dube wrote:
> On 03/21/2017 05:55 PM, Brian M Dube wrote:
> > On 03/20/2017 08:09 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> >>
> >> Ah, i do not know. There must be some docs at ASF Infra.
> >> I do know that the process has been refined and is ready now.
> >>
> >> We should have sorted ourselves before the first pull request.
> >>
> >> One issue will be that that mirror is way out-of-date. I presume that
> >> it is still from the initial experiment many years ago.
> >
> > The github mirror is out of date, and it's unclear to me why that is.
> > Github mirrors git://git.apache.org/forrest.git and that in turn is
> > supposed to keep up with our main svn location. But that's not happening.
>
> It's not happening because once upon a time in our svn history, we had a
> branch name that was allowed by svn but disallowed by git. So now the
> mirroring process with branches enabled cannot continue. Infra has
> disabled branches for our mirror for the time being so that we can at
> least sync svn trunk to git and deal with the current pull request.
>
> Details at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13719
>
> My chat with infra also answered the question about contributions.
> Membership in the github.com/apache organization does signify that ICLA
> is on file and there is no issue accepting such a user's work.

Fantastic. Thanks for sorting all of that out.

Today i did attempt to find up-to-date documentation to assist us, but
that has consumed all available time. Hope someone else has better luck.

> >> Also we need the notifications to go to our svn@ list, not dev.
> >
> > Do you mean pull requests like the one below should go to svn@, or just
> > commits?

I confused myself. I meant that commits should go to that list,
and the pull requests do come here to dev.

-David