Am Samstag, 29. Dezember 2007 schrieb Philipp Marek:
> (Yes, I looked at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64#Differences_between_AMD64_and_Intel
>_64 - but I haven't found something related)

I cannot answer your original question, but you were looking at the wrong
comparison. This article compares the AMD and Intel implementations of
the AMD64 / EM64T instruction set, which is "just" an extension of the
traditional x86 instruction set and completely different from the IA64
architecture instruction set (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA64).

However, I do not knows eigther architecture sufficiently well to be able
to explain this size difference.

Greetings and a Happy New Year!

  Gunter