Ted Kirby wrote:
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Joe Bohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Donald Woods wrote:
Not sure that we need another page or link off of GMOxSITE for this.
Runtime requirements for Server and GEP should be listed either in their
respective Release Notes or on the release download page, so they get
updated and maintained as part of the existing release process.
I agree.  We already include a link to the release notes on the download
page.  That way they can view the information prior to download as well as
look at the release-notes for an image they have already downloaded.

The only info on this I can find is in the release notes.  Here is the
information in its entirety:

"System Requirements
-------------------
You need a platform that supports the Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5.0+) or greater.

Most testing has been done on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.

Certification Status
--------------------
Apache Geronimo v2.1.2 has passed 100% of SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 5.0
"

It seems like we could provide more information and guidance to users.

I was only pointing out that we have a link to the release notes from the download page and agreeing with Donald that this might be a more appropriate place to include this information rather than creating another new page. Including this info in the release notes makes it available locally in every server image downloaded. I'm sure there is no shortage of information that would be good to include in the release notes ... including more clearly stating the system requirements.

Joe

Ted

Details on build requirements should go in the GMOxDEV wiki and not in the
general release notes or user docs.
Right.  We also have a build page for Geronimo
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html).  It seems
that it is a bit out of date and it doesn't include all of the information
listed below.  I think we should update this page rather than create a new
one.

-Donald

Ashish Jain wrote:
Hi,
 I have added a system requirement page to wiki
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Geronimo+and+Geronimo+Eclipse+Plugin+System+Requirements,
few comments are posted in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-501 as well. Probably
we can collect all the requirements GEP/G has and add into this page. Right
now there are following categories avaliable

Operating System
JDK Version/Vendors
Database Vendors/Versions
Memory Requirements for running and building Geronimo
  Memory
  Maven
  Subversion
Requirements for running and building Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
 Memory
 Maven
 Subversion

I would suggest to placed this page on http://geronimo.apache.org/
somewhere in the community section of navigation.
[ Show ยป <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-501> ]
Ashish Jain
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=ashishjain> -
25/Aug/08 07:29 AM Added a page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Geronimo+and+Geronimo+Eclipse+Plugin+System+Requirements+Page
Do we have details on the system requirements of Geronimo and Geronimo
Eclipse Plugin. I will start a new thread on this, this will probably help
collect all the information. I would suggest to place this page on
http://geronimo.apache.org/ somewhere in the community section of
navigation.

Thanks
Ashish