Hi Apostolis,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM, <dev-digest-h...@gora.apache.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you please provide me a list of all the NoSQL databases that Gora
> supports at the moment

We currently support Apache Accumulo, Avro, Cassandra and HBase. We also
have a WebService's API and support Amazon's DynamoDB.

> and what NoSQL databases are planned to be supported
> in the near future?

We have a number of tickets open for planned implementations. I've
separated them into patches available and no patches available

Patches available:
Solr 4.X - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-9
MongoDB - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-199
Ehcache - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-13
JDBM2 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-14

No patch
File-based store - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-8

> Also, do you have an estimate on how long would it take
> for someone to develop a Gora module to support a new NoSQL database?

A good benchmark was last years Google Summer of Code project. Writing a
new compiler, restructuring the core Gora API, adding a WebServices API and
writing the gora-dynamodb was all achived within the project. I do not
however have a definitive duration of time for this. I suppose it really
depends on what you want to do and how much time you are prepared to
allocate to the task.
Take into consideration that a lot of your 'thinking' can be done out loud
on the developer or user list. We would welcome such dialogue.

> The
> reason for asking is because I am interested in implementing such a module
> myself as a final year MSc project.

Sounds excellent. You've certainly come to the right place. If you are
serious about engaging in some work within Gora then please tell us more
and we can begin to plan ahead.

Best
Lewis

--