Hi *,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:40:50PM +0200, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
> [...]
> This "activation" is a service provided by an Adobe server product
> used to manipulate PDF documents for big organizations.
>
> In any case, even if OOo were added this possibility, there is a clause
> in the Acrobat Reader EULA that forbids to use Acrobat Reader to save
> PDF with this functionality enabled by other _non_ Adobe application.

How should the User know that? It is impossible for the user to know
everything about how that PDF she is using was generated...

> This latter is a lawyer part, it should be analyzed by someone whith a
> better law knowlegde than me. Reference is the EULA:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrreula.html
> And the paragraph to examine is the 2.5.

If this wasn't a legal statement, I'd say it should just mean that you
should not circumvent the document's restrictions in any way (emphasis
on "..have been activated..", not on "by Adobe")...

But IANAL.

I still think that the End-User cannot fullfill that statement if it is
really down to the "only by Adobe" thing.

ciao
Christian
--
NP: Metallica - Blackened