Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi guys,

        I was -appalled- to discover that OO.o is doing lots of XWarpPointer
calls; to try to move the mouse to what it perceives as being the best
option to dialogs.

        This is -incredibly- bad style, at least on Unix; words fail me to
describe how shockingly bad this is for people - who end up routinely,
not being able to find their cursor, having to lift & move their mouse
around manually to re-center it, and of course clicking the wrong option
in one of those friendly dialog cascades.

        What possessed people to do this change ? and did they get any human
factors advice first [ if so whom ;-] ?

The question must be, what possessed you to switch it on in
"Tools->Options->View->Mouse->Mouse Positioning" in the first place ?

;-)

Kind regards, pl

--
Sanity is just a bad excuse for a lack of imagination.
     -- Author unknown

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551
Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Häring