On 13.09.2010 17:01, Laurent Godard wrote:

>Hi all
>
>i have a macro running and i want to deactivate OOo while it is running,
>so that the user can't activate any menu nor click inside the sheet
>
>under windows & linux, it works using
>thisComponent.CurrentController.Frame.ContainerWindow.Enable = False
>
>But under macosX, the main menus (File, Edit, ...) are still active
>
>I tried adding
>oLayout = ThisComponent.CurrentController.getFrame.LayoutManager
>oLayout.HideElement("private:resource/menubar/menubar/")
>and it works under linux and  windows, the main menus disappear
>
>But no success under MacOsX i think due to menus detached of the OOo
>document window
>
>is there any trick to lock OOo main menu under macOsX ?
>(the best would be cross-plateform compatible ;) )

Hi Laurent,

I am not very familiar with the MacOS implementation of VCL. Contrary to the other platforms VCL uses a system-menu on Mac (normally a self-drawn menu is used). May be this is the root cause of the difficulties you currently see. Unfortunately Philipp, who knows VCL and the Mac specialties much better, is in vacation. I don't know any way to circumvent this "special" implementation detail. May be Philipp can help you when he is back from vacation.

Regards,
Carsten