On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 12:33:58PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Aaron Bannert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > > Maybe this is a hint...  For a couple of the restart iterations,
> > > worker on AIX logs this:
> > >
> > > [crit] ap_queue_push failed with error code -1
> >
> > This will only happen in ap_queue_push when apr_thread_mutex_lock or
> > ap_thread_mutex_unlock fail (Yes, I do error checking on the
> > pthread lock/unlock cases *grin*).
> >
> > I'm guessing this is a problem with pthread mutexes on whatever version
> > of linux runs on RH6.2?
>
> That log message was seen on AIX, not RH.

This would not be the first time pthread problems have been seen under
linux though.  On RH 7.1 we get segfaults in the middle of the fork
call with the prefork mpm under high load.  We still haven't been able
to figure out why this is happening, but it appears to be a problem
with linux pthreads.

Has anyone else been having problems with pthreads under linux?

-adam

--

        "I believe in Kadath in the cold waste, and Ultima Thule. But you
         cannot prove to me that Harvard Law School actually exists."

        "I'm not like that, I have a cat, I don't need you.. My cat, and
         about 18 lines of bourne shell code replace you in life."
                        - anonymous

Adam Sussman
Vidya Media Ventures

[EMAIL PROTECTED]