> From: Greg Stein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 02:19:06PM +0200, Peter Poeml wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > building httpd-2.0.39 on x86_64 (AMD's upcoming 64 bit architecture)
> > there are a few compiler warnings, e.g. due to misfitting type
casts.

> > While some of the warnings can be ignored, I believe that the
attached
> > patch fixes the relevant issues.
>
> Nope, sorry. All of those values (namespace IDs) are integer sized.
Making
> them a "long" is just too big.
>
> What is the specific error that you were seeing? I would guess that
the
> problem can be fixed a bit differently, without changing the type of
those

We could force the size, by using apr_int32_t.  The problem that he is
having, is that pointers on _most_ 64-bit machines (Windows is a notable
exception, there may be others), are 64-bits long.  But we are using
int's, which are 32-bits for the pointers.  We have the added problem
that throughout the code, we pass in integers for void *'s.   :-(

Just specify the exact size you want, and this problem should go away.

Ryan