On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:24:28PM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > > +1 from me, I prefer APR actually.
> >
> > I am really uncomfortable with this going under the APR project.  As
> > things stand right now, it just doesn't fit with what we have stated our
> > goals to be.
> >
> > If you want to change our stated goals, then go ahead and do it.  Just
> > committing code that doesn't fit with our goals isn't the way to do that.
>
> (I will defer answering this for an apr-only discussion.)
>
> > I will make one exception to that statement.  If it lands inside of
> > APR-util, under the XML directory, and it is made to work with the XML
> > parser, I can accept that landing spot.  As it fits in closer with our
> > goals (I think).  Jim, I can't decide if this is what you meant or not.
>
> I'm +1 on integrating it into our XML stuff. I consider it to be
> equivalent to apr-util, so either we put it inside apr-util, or
> we create a new APR subproject or sub-library for it.

I should also mention that I completely do not see this as equivalent to
apr-util.  I reserve the right to ask for this project to be removed from
APR after the APR project has decided on it's stated goals.  That does not
mean that it would be removed from the ASF (assuming my request is
approved), only that it would need to find a new home within the ASF
umbrella.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610