>up with your dialog ;-)  Be aware we are talking about win32 which
>doesn't fork, so it doesn't have the same apr_global_mutex_t in the
>child worker process as in the parent process.
Correct.

>File mutex modes aren't really win32 files - they are simply
>named mutexes.  Elsewhere in apr we've translated slash and
>backslash to underbars so that the name is a legal object name
>(as long as it's 255 characters or shorter.)
Correct, the mutexname isn't allowed to have slash's in it

>However, this means two servers with "logs/mymutex" end up
>being the very same name.  It almost seems like we need to
>abspath this name, e.g. "c:/apache/logs/mymutex" and then
>translate the reserved chars, so you get c__apache_logs_mymutex.
>Then you can have c__apache_logs_mymutex happily coexisting
>with c__apache21_logs_mymutex.
Probably correct too.

But currently we are at the stage that the SSLMutex passes a NULL
filename in for the mutexname and assumes the apr will generate
"something".

server/mpm/winnt/mpm_winnt.c however does pass in a NULL filename
and wishes to get NULL-filename mutex (ie. a private mutex).
So a autogenerated filename from apr will probably break this
behaviour.

André