Hi,
> Developing Modules: An area of general weakness for HTTPd is the lack of
> developer documentation.  The current website has a few links to mostly
> outdated documents. We plan to address this audience in two thrusts.
> First, provide concise tutorials by using simple modules to help people
> just starting with Apache.  This could also include general overviews of
> the Apache architecture and examples of the various handlers or filters.
> Secondly, to provide a well documented complete application(the website
> itself!) as an example of more advanced development and integration.
> Additionally we would like to have complete and searchable API
> documentation to help the more experienced developers.
yeah, those undocumented 'features' like ap_set_flag_slot() / ap_set_string_slot()
segfaulting when used with server_config_rec while working with directory_config_rec

> Listing Modules: Our goal here is to provide an easy to use interface to
> let modules authors advertise their modules.  The current website does
> not have centralized accounts, so each module has a separate login.  Our
> plans are to complete redesign this interface to have one account per
> author and allow many more details of a Module be included in its
> description. In the future we would also expand this to let other users
> comment on a module.
sounds good.

> We are looking for feedback on our plans.  What do you want to see on a
> new modules website?  What features are important to you?  What hurdles
> do you see to a successfully replacement?  What other audiences should
> we try to address?
I would like to see an URL validator so that the entered URLs are at least first
checked before stored.
Also a weekly automatic check that the URL is still accessable would be fine; if the
check fails more than 3 times then switch the module to 'invisible' so that the users
dont get the nasty outdated links all the time...

Guenter.