Graham Leggett wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
>
>>> I have just set up the most recent httpd v2.0.51-dev tree, and have
>>> configured a filter that strips leading whitespace from HTML:
>>>
>>> AddOutputFilterByType STRIP text/html
>>>
>>> The content is served by mod_proxy.
>

>> As it stands, that can't work.
>

> Then as it stands filter's are broken.
>
> Putting on an end user hat I see no reason why AddOutputFilterByType
> shouldn't do exactly what it says it does.

for the record, I've know of other cases where AddOutputFilterByType just
doesn't cut it, specifically wrt filter_init.  see

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=107090791508163&w=2

for more details.  while I'm trying to address a separate issue there, the
example tarball shows that AddOutputFiltersByType is broken for even some
core module setups.

HTH

--Geoff