The Original Proposal was in March of this year:

+1 Votes:
  Tom May
  Justin Erenkrantz
  Andrà Malo
  Erik Abele
  Jim Jagielski
  Bill Stoddard
  Joe Orton

-1 Votes:
  Aaron Bannert

Aaron said:
> This will, at least for now, raise the bar to entry for contributors.

While Subversion had recently become 1.0.0 back in March, I believe
that Subversion Clients are available for most platforms now, and that
the barrier to entry for subversion is not any higher than CVS for new
contributors.

Is this still a valid concern?

A large portion of the thread was taken up by discussions about the
various security features of subversion.  I believe that it was
generally agreed that Subversion is better than CVS in this respect, and
further concerns should be taken to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What are the barriers to moving to Subversion? I believe we might as
well do it now, before we start on a new stable branch (2.2).  Time for
another Vote?

-Paul Querna