--On Thursday, October 7, 2004 9:08 AM -0600 Jean-Jacques Clar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All the directives for mod_mem_cache are preceded with an "M".
The ones for mod_cache are starting with a "c"
Should all the disk_cache directives be preceded with a "D" for
consistency and clarity?
I know it is going to break every user configuration, but before
the modules move out of experimental is probably the less painful
time to do that change.

I *really* don't like the M prefix at all. I'd much prefer us to just spell the thing out: CacheMem* and CacheDisk* instead of MCache and/or DCache. I think a single letter prefix is really ambiguous. M what?

That said, there are a number of directives currently in mod_disk_cache that aren't implemented (and I don't see being implemented anytime soon): such as CacheSize, CacheGcInterval, CacheExpiryCheck, CacheTimeMargin, CacheGcDaily, CacheGcUnused, CacheGcClean, CacheGcMemUsage.

If we go through the process of renaming the directives (and I'm +1 to making it consistent per my first paragraph), I'd like to see us toss all of the directives we don't implement.

BTW, are you volunteering to take the lead on this? ;-) -- justin