On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 07:33:35PM +0100, Andr? Malo wrote:
> * "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > This is the offending code;
> >
> >     endp = ap_strrchr_c(arg, '>');
> >     if (endp == NULL) {
> >         return unclosed_directive(cmd);
> >     }
>
> Aah! understood, thanks ;-)
> So I'd guess, there's currently no "good" way for implementing containers?

It has nothing to do with containers (I have no idea how Bill's code
relates). It is all about exposing the file pointer *outside* of the
config parsing code. Once you do that, then you're locked into
*files*.

The original design for the config parsing revamp was to encapsulate
the notion of "parse a file". But at some point in the game, somebody
allowed third-party modules to reach in and take over the parsing
process. That sucks. It means we have to keep exposing a file pointer
(somewhere) if we want to remain feature-compatible.

Yes, we can change the API (that was allowed going from 1.3 to 2.0),
but we were not allowed to remove features. Removing the fp from the
API would have disabled this "feature" in mod_perl, among others.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/