On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 03:00:15PM +1100, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> For example, function ap_create_request_config() is required in order to
> create
> request_config for every new request. It knows about some internal sizes and
> the like. It is under CORE_PRIVATE, so any module that needs to construct an
> internal request is out of luck. I would think that many modules construct and
> execute internal requests via ap_process_request_internal(), so this is bread
> and butter stuff

Um... no. Why would somebody need to do that? In my experience, you might
run a sub-request. But you do *not* construct request_rec objects out of
the blue.

Can you explain your use case? Why do you need that function?

> (for instance, I can see a use of it in
> xs/Apache/RequestUtil/Apache__RequestUtil.h of mod_perl 2.0.0-RC4).

I've said before: mod_perl is a poor example. It is too invasive with our
APIs. And if it is referring to one of those functions via defining
CORE_PRIVATE, then it rightly deserves a thrashing.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/