William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Author: pquerna
Date: Sat Mar 19 21:26:22 2005
New Revision: 158303

Log:
Test for APR and APR-Util one directory bellow httpd too.  I like not having to
put them inside srclib.

<grumf> I'm not keen on this change, since it complicates things
unnecessarily - some day we discover a tag and roll organized like this out of the blue?

What do you mean? I thought that the future goal was to unbundle apr* in httpd releases? So you're afraid of tagged and rolled (actually only rolled, since tags don't include apr* anyway) tarballs that don't contain srclib/apr* before we actually wish to unbundle? Isn't that the RM's responsibility?

Does config.nice not do what you want?  Especially if you rename
it config.me with all your absolute options that you don't tweak?

I don't see how that would help towards the unbundling goal. Also for development purposes it's way more convenient to allow apr* next to httpd as to require it be in srclib/.

Sander