William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
At 11:43 AM 6/6/2005, Paul Querna wrote:

André Malo wrote:

Sandbox of httpd/trunk/modules/ssl/ for OpenSSL 0.9.7 fips integration
development

Added:
 httpd/httpd/branches/ssl-fips-dev/
   - copied from r180332, httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ssl/

I'm not sure about any policy, but it seems better to me to branch off the
whole trunk, not just a subtree (you never know, what needs to be modified
finally)

I agree with nd.

My thinking was; 98% of the changes will be to modules/ssl code
itself.  90% of the remainder are likely to be incidental bug
fixes than Ben, I or anyone else working on the tree encounter.
The other 10% is autoconf detection.

Most autoconf can be localized in modules/ssl, but for the rest
of the autoconf issues, they should be no-ops if this code is
not adopted.  E.g. detecting if libcrypto.so.fips (the signature
hash file) exists.

Contrawise, most bug fixes to head will be better reviewed if those of us working in this branch pick them up immediately.
But if concensus says make this a full tree, I'll be happy to
oblige.

Personally I prefer entire tree branches.

Sander